- The people govern themselves. Through their representatives
- Power is never absolute.
- The right to vote is recognised, the people elect their representative parliament through suffrage.
- All citizens must comply with laws especially the constitution.
- All men are equal in the eyes of the law.
- Freedom is recognised.
- There is economic freedom.
- Men and woman have rights.
- Separation of the church and state.
- The king has absolute power.
- The slogan of absolutism was everything for the people.
- The will of the king is law.
- Three states the nobility, clergy and third state.
- Ideas are controlled by censorship.
- The king controls economic light