Lamarck: The Evolution of Giraffes
- The ancestors of giraffes had shorter necks and legs than nowadays.
- As giraffes tried to reach the leaves on the top branches of the trees, their necks and legs grew.
- Offspring inherited these characteristics.
Darwin: Natural Selection and Giraffe Evolution
- Giraffes originally had some variation in the length of their necks and legs.
- Natural selection favored the giraffes with longer necks and legs, leading to increased offspring.
- As a result, the number of giraffes with long necks and legs increased.
Amniocentesis: Prenatal Genetic Anomaly Detection
Amniocentesis is a technique used in prenatal diagnosis to search for possible genetic anomalies. It involves extracting a sample of amniotic fluid and studying the fetal cells.
Evolution of Human Ancestors
- Australopithecus: Upright
- Homo Habilis: Hunters, used simple tools
- Homo Ergaster: Complex relationship
- Homo Erectus: Used different tools, carved stone, and used fire
- Homo Antecessor: Hunters, similar facial features
- Homo Neanderthalensis: Ritualistic burials, possibility of language and artistic expression
- Homo Sapiens: Made hunting tools, created decorative and domestic objects in different materials, ritualistic burials, language and artistic expression