Spain between the two world wars. Distorship and the republic
1921 the spanish communist party was founded
King Alonso XII accepted the coop of Miguel Rimo de Rivera. This lead to a period of dictatorship.
1931, the republican party war the elections, the king decided to abdicate and the second Republic 2nd Republic was declared
1931 constiturion tried to solve some problems of Sapin:
- Agricultural reform distributed theland amony the workers
- votes for women
- civil marriage and divorce
- army reform
- 1933, right and central parties won the elctions
- 1936, socialists communists and republican parties go together to the elections as the Frente popular. They won
- The right wing did not agree and on July 17 Franco began a coup
- the coup failed but the govermment was unable to reassert authority the spanish Civil War begun.