The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a book written by John Boyne. It is a historical novel that explores the main themes of loneliness, boredom, and the divisions between the Jews and the Germans. The story revolves around Bruno, a boy who moves with his parents next to a Nazi death camp. He befriends Shmuel, a small and pale boy, and one day they both enter the gas chamber and tragically die.
- Shmuel: A small and thin boy, similar to Bruno
- Bruno: The main character, son of a powerful commander
- Mother: Bruno and Gretel's mother, with red hair
- Gretel: Bruno's older sister
- Father: Bruno's dad, commander of the German army
I highly recommend this book as it vividly portrays the historical context and the problems of that time.