1. What kind of organelles do photosynthetic Protista contain?
- Multicellular and Unicellular
2. The main body of Fungi is called?
3. Plants produce ________ for our survival
4. What are the 2 transport plant tissues called?
- Xylem and Phloem
5. What is the smallest group of Bryophytes?
6. A plant with a fibrous root system and leaves with parallel venation would also have?
- None of the above
7. Where does pollen transfer on plants to start reproduction?
8. If a farmer wanted a more loosely packed cluster of grapes, he would most likely spray the immature bunches with?
9. Who formulated for the first time the Theory of evolution?
10. What is not inferred from Darwin's Theory?
- None of the above
11. What is the main factor that induces extinction of certain species?
- Human activities
12. What are Lancetets?
- Are all members of the phylum chordate
13. What doesn't the hagfish have?
- Not true eyes or jaw, and no stomach
14. How do amphibians keep warm or cool to survive?
- Outside environment
15. Which part of the amniote's egg is responsible for storing waste?
16. What is the stinging cell on the phylum Cnidaria?
17. What is the characteristic of Phylum Porifera?
- Does not have a nervous system
18. In the G-I system, what helps the flow of food in the cycle?
- Gastrovascular cavity
19. How do bivalves feed themselves?
- Bivalves are filter feeders
20. The typical number of larval stages in the life cycle of a nematode before sexual maturation is?
21. Which of the following is a characteristic used to describe Mammals?
22. What type of structures can be infected by viruses?
- They infect all types of cellular life including animals, plants, bacteria, and fungi
23. Characteristics of bacteria
- Lack of membrane-bound organelles, unicellular, small (usually microscopic)
24. What is the sequence of replication of a virus?
- Six steps: attachment, penetration, uncoating, replication, assembly, and release.
25. How does one classify bacteria?
26. What are the different types of Fungus?
- Zygomycota – Ascomycota – Basidiomycota – Deuteromycota
27. Which type of fungus contains toadstools, bird nests, and stink horns?
- Basidiomycota aka Club Fungi
28. Bacteria can be both heterotrophic and autotrophic – True
29. When bacteria interchange DNA it's called transduction – True
30. Bacteria can be found in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic – False
31. A virus in its latent stages inside a host is called lytic – True